Are your kids already emptying your wallet buying scores of Skylanders and Traps today during the official Skylanders Trap Team launch day? Don’t take a breath because more figures and traps are just around the corner.
Activision has once again partnered with Toys “R” Us to allow the retailer a timed exclusive for the second wave of Skylanders Trap Team toys. The official Skylanders Trap Team wave 2 release date is Tuesday, October 7, and all Toys “R” Us stores have them in the back room.
At the midnight Skylanders Trap Team launch much earlier today, some stores reportedly put out their wave 2 goodies a couple days ahead of the official release date. Don’t fret if yours didn’t as they will certainly be on shelf when doors open on Tuesday morning.
Skylanders Trap Team wave 2 consists of the following:
- Head Rush Trap Master Skylander
- Lob Star Trap Master Skylander
- Bushwhack Trap Master Skylander
- Fizzy Punch Pop Fizz Skylander
- Tread Head Skylander
Note that the Kaos Trap required to complete the game is part of wave 1 and has been found in abundance at both Toys “R” Us and Target stores.
Here’s a complete list of Skylanders Trap Team launch incentives that will be ongoing over the next several weeks expect where noted.
- Get Legendary at Toys”R”Us – Toys”R”Us stores in North America and online at Toysrus.com will be the only places fans will find the limited edition Legendary Series of Skylanders toys at launch. The Legendary Series features alternative versions of new Trap Master characters and packs, such as Jawbreaker, Deja Vu and the Nightmare Express Adventure Pack, all of which feature in-game stat boosts.
- Meet the Minis at Walmart – Skylanders fans can visit participating Walmart stores or go to Walmart.com to participate in the ‘Meet the Minis’ program to unlock special content featuring the fully playable and upgradeable Minis, including Gill Runt, Stealth Elf, Weeruptor, Pet Vac and Small Fry via the official Skylanders Collection Vault app. Walmart will also be the only place fans can find the Skylanders Minis Buddy Pack, featuring Tidal Wave Gill Grunt and Gill Runt.
- NITRO Trap Masters at Target – U.S. Target stores nationwide and Target.com will once again be the only place where fans can get their hands on the Skylanders NITRO series of toys, which features the powerful Trap Master NITRO Krypt King.
- Portals for Punch Pop Fizz at GameStop – During the first week of launch, fans that bring in a Portal of Power from any Skylanders game can trade it in to receive a free Punch Pop Fizz character, a bright red version of the fan-favorite Skylander.
- Three Skylanders for Two at Best Buy – Players that purchase any two Skylanders Trap Team game products at Best Buy will receive a free Volcanic Eruptor character, who’s unique appearance is visible in-game. This promotion is available only at Best Buy.