Disney’s The Princess and the Frog came in below expectations but still managed to win the weekend box office battle with $24.2 million from Friday through Sunday. The Blind Side continues its strong run with a $15.1 million second place finish while Clint Eastwood’s Invictus debuted in third with $8.6 million.
In our Weekend Box Office Prophet game, the Prophet missed predicting Disney’s new animated tale high by more than double which sent his score tumbling to near the bottom of all players. Meanwhile the top three spots ironically went to the top three overall players since the game began: Shawn F., Leon and WalkingDisaster.
No one will take home a prize this week as the Prophet managed to win 3 of the 5 films versus the average score of all players. That means the two prizes up for grabs, (500) Days of Summer and All About Steve on Blu-ray or DVD, will roll into next week and be joined by a third prize.
- Invictus: Prophet wins with a $6.8 million miss versus $11.2 million
- The Princess and the Frog: Players win with a $7.8 million miss versus $27.7 million
- The Blind Side: Players win with a $1.9 million miss versus $3.5 million
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon: Prophet wins with a $0.2 million miss versus $1.4 million
- Brothers: Prophet wins with a $0.8 million miss versus $1.9 million
Check back Tuesday afternoon for the latest round of the Weekend Box Office Prophet game that will feature James Cameron’s Avatar.