Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced the direct-to-video sequel Smokin’ Aces 2: Assassins’ Ball has a bullseye of January 19 to blast onto Blu-ray Disc and DVD.
The ensemble tale of hitmen tasked with assassinating the same target stars Tom Berenger, Clayne Crawford, Tommy Flanagan, Maury Sterling, Martha Higareda, Christopher Michael Holley, Ernie Hudson, Michael Parks, Autumn Reeser and Vinnie Jones.
An R-rated and unrated cut will be included on a single Blu-ray Disc, each presented in 1.78:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Extensive bonus features shake out as follows:
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Behind the Scenes with Joe Carnahan: Executive producer Joe Carnahan, producer Mike
- Confessions of an Assassin: Director P.J. Pesce and the stars of the movie take us through
- Ready, Aim, Fire – The Weapons of Smokin’ Aces 2: Meet the armorer who equipped the gang with the over 20 guns in the film.
- Cue the Clown: A behind the scenes look at what it took to produce one of the most explosive stunts
- The Bunker Mentality – Designing the Set: Production designer Chris August, along with director P.J. Pesce and executive producer Joe Carnahan discuss the Art Deco look and feel of the sets as well as the little details that gave them the freedom them to shoot quickly and in every direction.
- Feature commentary with executive producer Joe Carnahan and director P.J. Pesce.
Elliott, writers Olatunde Osunsanmi and Olumide Odebunmi and director P.J. Pesce talk about the process of jumping back into the world of Smokin’ Aces.
production, from the ground, amidst the mayhem, blood, guts, bullets and all.
in the movie.
Smokin’ Aces 2: Assassins’ Ball on Blu-ray carries an SRP of $29.98 and runs 1 hour 28 minutes. Check out the trailer below.