The popular Steam robot world building game The Colonists is coming to Xbox and PlayStation platforms, as well as Nintendo Switch, on May 4th.
The console version has reworked controls and an updated user interface to go along with those controls. In addition new robot hats have also been sprinkled into the game that aren’t available on the Steam edition.
Here’s a breakdown of what you can do in The Colonists:
- Harvest: Gather Resources like wood, iron, stone, fish, and lots more
- Refine: Turn resources into useful items, like bread, bricks, and planks
- Build: Create homes, farms, and factories for your bots to live in and work on
- Research: Advance technologies from steam trains to space rockets
- Expand: Increase the complexity and reap rewards as you chase productivity zen
- Campaign: 14 missions split into separate peaceful and military branches
- Sandbox Mode: Customise various game settings to play the game how you like
- Challenge Trophies: Special speed-run challenges which test the most expert colony builders
Here’s a trailer that runs through all The Colonists game features.