Hello Games and 505 Games have released the first No Man’s Sky trailer from the upcoming NEXT update that add much-anticipated multiplayer functionality.
The NEXT update coincides with the game’s debut on Xbox One, both of which are slated for July 24th in North America and July 27th in Europe. No Man’s Sky is already available for PC via Steam as well a PlayStation 4.
A whole slew of updates are included with NEXT, some of which you can spot in the new trailer. Here’s a complete rundown of everything you can expect.
New Multiplayer Mode:
- Team up with a small group of friends to explore the universe together, or joined with random travellers online
- Help friends stay alive, or prey on others to survive
- Build shelter or complex colonies together to share with your team
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online
Extensive Visual Overhaul:
- Play in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
- Gaze on planetary rings and improved space visuals that make space more beautiful than ever
- Explore dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds that bring the environment to life
- Enjoy significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings
Unlimited Base Building:
- Build bases anywhere on any planet, with hundreds of new base parts added to the game
- Create bigger and better bases than ever before, with dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits
- Architect and own multiple bases
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter
- Send your fleet out to into the universe or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system
- Build a truly custom capital ship with improved freighter base building
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge