Director Neil Marshall’s Hellboy reboot on April 12th has opened the door for previous incarnations of the antihero to be released on the latest home video format: 4K Ultra HD.
Lionsgate has already announced an animated Hellboy double-feature, and now Universal is getting in on the fiery action with a May 7th 4K debut for Guillermo del Toro’s Hellboy II: The Golden Army.
Like Backdraft that is coming on the same day from Universal, Hellboy II: The Golden Army on 4K Ultra HD will feature HDR 10 and DTS:X audio.
Previously released bonus features will be available on the inclusive Blu-ray with both commentary tracks available to select on the 4K and Blu-ray discs.
Here’s all the extras included:
- Feature Commentary with Director Guillermo del Toro
- Feature Commentary with Cast Members Jeffrey Tambor, Selma Blair & Luke Gross
- Troll Market Tour with Guillermo del Toro
- Production Workshop
- Zinco Epilogue Animated Comic
- Comic Book Builder
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Director Guillermo del Toro
- U-Control: Scene Explorer: Schufften Goggle View
- U-Control: Director’s Notebook
- U-Control: Set Visits
- U-Control: Concept Art Gallery
Pre-order Hellboy II: The Golden Army on 4K UHD combo for a discounted price at Amazon.