Update: We’re received a new graphic which depicts the cover art, which will be lenticular, and confirms the 3-D was created using Anaglyph technology.
Warner Home Video is hitching another ride on The Polar Express this holiday season on Blu-ray, only this time with the added benefit of 3-D.
On October 28 you’ll be able to pick up The Polar Express Presented in 3-D packaged with four sets of 3-D glasses similar to how the Hanna Montana Best of Both Worlds set is currently packaged. Also included is the original 2-D theatrical version for newcomers to the film on Blu-ray who have no interest in wearing the glasses for the film’s duration.
Extra features included on this second issue of The Polar Express are as follows.
- Smokey and Steamer Song not seen in theaters
- You Look Familiar: The many Polar faces of Tom Hanks
- A Genuine ticket to Ride: 5 featurettes
- True Inspirations: Profiling author Chris Van Allsburg
- Believe: Josh Groban performance and behind the scenes
- Flurry of Effects: 5 motion-capture sessions
- Snow Angels: Moviemakers’ Christmas memories
- Theatrical trailer
The Polar Express Presented in 3-D on Blu-ray will carry an SRP of $34.99. Next stop: Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D.