LucasArts has finally stamped a date on The Force Unleashed, the heavily physics-driven next generation evolution in Star Wars gaming coming to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Mark your calendars for September 16.
The Force Unleashed will be featured on Spike TV in the coming days to coincide with this launch announcement.
- April 6 at 7:58 p.m. ET/PT ” between the premiere of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- April 11 at 10:52 p.m. ET/PT ” At the end of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- April 12 at 12:00 a.m. ET/PT ” throughout an episode of GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley filmed at LucasArts” headquarters in San Francisco
- April 12 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT ” before Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- April 13 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT ” before Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
“Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is one of the most ambitious projects LucasArts has ever launched. The combination of a great new Star Wars story with revolutionary new technology and game play means more fun than you’ve ever had in the Star Wars universe” said Peter Hirschmann, Vice-President of Product Development, LucasArts. “We can’t wait until gamers get their hands on it this September.”
In addition to The Force Unleashed, Lucas is also rolling out the all-new animated CGI cartoon The Clone Wars. The first few episodes will be shown theatrically, with the remaining on television.