Paramount Home Entertainment has passed along the first details for the November 3 release of Forrest Gump with Tom Hanks on Blu-ray Disc with a possible “sweet” alternate edition coming the same day.
Forrest Gump, the third film in the Blu-ray Sapphire Series following next month’s Gladiator and Braveheart, will be offered in 2.35:1 1080p video and lossless 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. The following list of bonus features might see descriptions added at a later date but for now this is all that is available.
- Commentary with Robert Zemeckis, Steve Starkey and Rick Carter
- Greenbow Diary
- Commentary by Wendy Finerman
- The Art of Screenplay Adaptation
- Getting Past Impossible – Forrest Gump and The Visual Effects Revolution
- Musical Signposts to History – Music as “Chronological Set Design” for the Times of Forrest Gump
- Introduction by Ben Fong-Torres
- Little Forrest
- An Evening with Forrest Gump
- Easter Eggs – Groom on Gump
- Archival Special Features
We’ve also spotted a “Chocolate Box” edition of Forrest Gump that will also street on November 3. Currently there are DVD and Blu-ray Disc versions slated for this edition, but it may turn out to be a DVD only release. Unfortunately no additional information about this set is available at this time, but I will be sure to share specifics once they are available.
Click here to pre-order Forrest Gump: Sapphire Series on Blu-ray for $27.99 at Amazon.com.