MGM has formally announced a January 22, 2011 release date for Kevin Costner’s Dances With Wolves on Blu-ray, along with breaking down the bonus features and sharing the cover art.
Dances With Wolves is celebrating its 20th anniversary next with spurred MGM to undertake a high definition restoration of the film’s extended version that adds 50 additional minutes to the theatrical version. The audio track has also been remastered and will be presented in 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Bonus features are split between two discs as outlined below.
- Extended cut of film includes over 50 minutes of extra footage
- Commentary by Kevin Costner and Producer Jim Wilson
- Commentary by Director of Photography Dean Semler and Editor Neil Travis
- New Interactive Special Features:
- Military Rank and Social Hierarchy Guide (interactive)
- Real History or Movie Make Believe (interactive)
- A Day In The Life On The Frontier Featurette (*new*)
- The Creation of an Epic Retrospective Documentary
- Original Making-Of Featurette
- Original Music Video
- Dances Photo Montage with Introduction by Ben Glass
- Poster Gallery
- TV Spots