Warner Home Video has announced a new Ultimate Collector’s Edition of A Christmas Story is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 4, day-and-date with a similar new DVD edition and nearly two years after the first Blu-ray edition was released on December 5, 2006.
The new edition has been put together to celebrate the film’s 25th Anniversary and will come packaged in a collectible retro holiday cookie tin.
Packaged within the tin will be five collectible cookie cutters in iconic Christmas Story shapes; a 48-page cook book filled with recipes inspired by the film; photos and quotes; a custom-designed chef’s apron and a Leg Lamp light stand which is exclusive to the Blu-ray version.
Supplemental features include a mix of all-new material and features that appeared on the previous Blu-ray release.
- Leg Lamp light strand (Blu-ray exclusive)
- Five collectible cookie cutters in iconic Christmas Story shapes
- 48-page cook book filled with recipes inspired by the film
- Photos and quotes and a custom-designed chef’s apron
- Commentary with Peter Billingsley and director/ co-writer Bob Clark
- Original readings by Jean Shepard, author and voice narrator of A Christmas Story
- Documentary: Another Christmas Story
- Featurette: Get a Leg Up
- Featurette: A History of the Daisy Red Ryder
- Triple Dog Dare Interactive Trivia
- Decoder Match Challenge
- Hidden “Presents”
- Original theatrical trailer
A Christmas Story: Ultimate Collector’s Edition on Blu-ray will carry an SRP of $49.99. Check back regularly for a beauty shot of the tin and its content, high-res cover art and pre-order information.