The Ghost Town Games sequel Overcooked! 2 is out today and ready to purchase and install on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam PC.
Picking up on the theme of speed building food concoctions from the first game, Overcooked! 2 expands on the premise by introducing multiplayer mode, food throwing, and numerous other gameplay enhancements.
If you don’t like timers and pressure then Overcooked! 2 isn’t for you. If you do then it’s worth a shot as the difficulty ramps up and best scores within the allotted time limits always feel like they’re beatable.
Here’s a quick rundown of all the Overcooked! 2 features as well as the new launch trailer.
- Online multiplayer! Cook up a storm with up to four players in local and online multiplayer
- Emotes! Whether you want to tell your cooking companions what you’re doing in the kitchen or celebrate a great score, the emote wheel lets you express yourself
- Tip Multiplier! Serve dishes in the correct order to get yourself a tasty tip bonus.
- Throwing! Throwing is now an official game mechanic, allowing you to toss raw ingredients to your fellow chefs or even straight into the pan/blender/onto the floor
- New level mechanics! Overcooked 2 sees the introduction of new game mechanics including moving walkways, controllable platforms and even portals!
- Dynamic levels! Throwing you from the frying pan and into the fire, dynamic levels will change around you, offering a new challenge to overcome as the recipes and levels themselves change!
- Kitchens! From the neon lights of a sushi restaurant to the bubbling pots of a Wizard school kitchen, there are plenty of places to cook up a storm in Overcooked 2!
- Recipes! From spaghetti to sushi and pancakes to pizza, recipes both old and new will need to be cooked to perfection (or at least not burnt to a crisp!) New recipes mean new ingredients and new equipment so even the most well-seasoned Overcooked players will be challenged.
- Chefs! Overcooked 2 introduces a whole host of new of chefs to play in the kitchen including an eagle, mouse, beaver and what kitchen is complete without an octopus!
- Interactive world map! As you drive, sail and soar your way around the map in the Onion King’s amphibious air bus you will open up new areas using hidden buttons around the world