The Hammer Films’ 1962 production of The Phantom of the Opera will receive a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release via Scream Factory on August 11th, 2020.
This rendition of the horror classic stars Herbert Lom in the titular role alongside Heather Sears.
For its Collector’s Edition release, Scream Factory are utilizing a brand new 2K scan from the interpositive in two aspect ratios: 1.85:1 and 1.66:1.
A complete list of bonus features are as follows:
- NEW audio commentary with film historians Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
- NEW The Men Who Made Hammer: Anthony Hinds
- NEW Phantom Triumphant: Edwin Astley and Hammer’s Horror Opera – an interview with author David Huckvale
- NEW Herbert Lom: The Soul Behind the Mask – an interview with film historian/screenwriter/
novelist C. Courtney Joyner
- NEW interview with special effects artist Brian Johnson
- “The Making of Phantom Of The Opera” – narrated by Edward De Souza plus interviews with Richard Golen, Alan Lavender and Edward De Souza
- The Longer TV version (in standard definition)
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery
Here’s a look at The Phantom of the Opera Collector’s Edition Blu-ray box art.