Stephen King’s 1986 Maximum Overdrive movie is returning to Blu-ray, only this time via Lionsgate Home Entertainment and packaged in a snazzy new Steelbook case with artwork by Vance Kelly, and the inclusion of a Digital Copy. The release date is set for May 30th, 2023.
A familiar selection of Maximum Overdrive bonus features will be included to comb through and enjoy.
- Audio Commentary with Writer Tony Magistrale, Author of Hollywood’s Stephen King
- Audio Commentary by Actor & Comedian Jonah Ray and Blumhouse Film Executive Ryan Turek
- “Truck Stop Tales”— An Interview with Producer Martha De Laurentiis“Rage Against the Machines”— An Interview with Actress Laura Harrington
- “Honeymoon Horrors”— Interviews with Actor John Short and Actress Yeardley Smith
- “Maximum Carnage”— An Interview with Make-Up Effects Creator Dean Gates
- “A Kid in King’s Court”— An Interview with Actor Holter Graham
- “The Wilmington Factor”— A Look Back at the Filming of Maximum Overdrive with Members of the Production Crew in North Carolina
- “Who Made Who?”— An Interview with Murray Engleheart, Co-Author of AC/DC: Maximum Rock & Roll
- “Goblin Resurrectus”— The Restoration of the Happy Toyz Goblin
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
Maximum Overdrive stars Emilio Estevez, Pat Hingle, Laura Harrington, Christopher Murney, Yeardley Smith, and J.C. Quinn.