Shout! Factory has fully revealed what to expect from the upcoming Stephen King’s Firestarter Collector’s Edition Blu-ray with a release date of March 14th.
The big upgrade comes via a new transfer created from a 2K scan of the inter-positive film element. In other words, Firestarter should look better than it ever has on home video.
Shout! Factory has also commissioned a series of new bonus features befitting a collector’s edition label, including a new audio commentary with Firestarter director Mark L. Lester. Sadly Drew Barrymore or Stephen King’s names don’t pop up in the new extras.
Here’s a rundown of everything you can expect:
- NEW 2K scan of the inter-positive film element
- NEW Audio commentary with director Mark L. Lester
- NEW Playing with Fire: The Making of FIRESTARTER – featuring interviews with director Mark L. Lester, actors Freddie Jones and Drew Snyder, stuntman/actor Dick Warlock and Johannes Schmoelling of Tangerine Dream+
- NEW Tangerine Dream: Movie Music Memories – an interview with Johannes Schmoelling
- NEW exclusive performance of “Charlie’s Theme” by Johannes Schmoelling of Tangerine Dream
- Theatrical Trailers
- Radio Spot
- Still Gallery