If you have been wondering when the Paramount Presents Blu-ray line would dip its toes into 4K considering many transfers were in 4K, wonder no ore.
Paramount have officially announced that the next Paramount Presents entry, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, will be presented in 4K Ultra HD. You can expect to spin it for the first time on its May 17th release date.
As with all previous Paramount Presents releases, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance has been “meticulously remastered” for it entry into the line. This effort is in conjunction with the film’s 60th anniversary this year.
In addition to an inclusive Blu-ray and Digital copy, Paramount Presents: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance will include the following legacy bonus features on that Blu-ray.
- NEW! Filmmaker Focus – Leonard Maltin on The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
- Feature commentary by filmmaker Peter Bogdanovich, along with his archival recordings with John Ford and James Stewart
- Selected scene commentary with introduction by Dan Ford, along with his archival recordings with John Ford, James Stewart and Lee Marvin
- The Size Of Legends, The Soul Of Myth
- Chapter 1: Changing Of The Guard
- Chapter 2: The Irascible Poet
- Chapter 3: The Hero Doesn’t Win, The Winner Isn’t Heroic
- Chapter 4: Most Things Happen By Accident
- Chapter 5: The Great Protector
- Chapter 6: Spotlight – Lee Marvin
- Chapter 7: Print The Legend
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Pre-order Paramount Presents: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance in 4K for a discounted price at Amazon.