Fox Home Entertainment is bringing the Dreamworks Animation feature-length film Mr. Peabody & Sherman to Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD on October 14. A Digital HD version will arrive a little earlier on September 23.
The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Blu-ray 3D Deluxe Edition will also include the film on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD. In addition, this version offers an exclusive all-new five-minute Rocky & Bullwinkle short that is not available on the Blu-ray combo or DVD editions.
Fox and Dreamworks Animation have assembled an extensive collection of bonus features for the home video debut of director Rob Minkoff’s film that stars the voices of Ty Burrell, Ariel Winter, Stephen Colbert, Leslie Mann, Max Charles, Patrick Warburton and Allison Janney. Extras are broken out below as Blu-ray exclusives and those shared with DVD.
Exclusive to Blu-ray
- Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends Show – See the premiere episode of the original 1959 television show.
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman Segments – Watch five segments from the original television series including “Robin Hood,” “Leonardo Da Vinci,” “Louis XVI,” “William Shakespeare,” and “Ludwig Van Beethoven.”
- History’s Greatest Mysteries – A Dog and his Boy
- Peabody’s Paw Print on History – We take part in the excitement as Mr. Peabody gets his pawprints in cement at the TCL Chinese Theatre. Cast members Ty Burrell (voice of “Mr. Peabody”) and Max Charles (voice of “Sherman”), join filmmakers Rob Minkoff (director), Alex Schwartz (producer) and Tiffany Ward (executive producer) for the festivities. Also on hand (or paw?) are some of Mr. Peabody’s very famous furry friends, including Lassie, Beethoven, Rin Tin Tin, and a very adorable dog named George Clooney.
- Time Travel Memory Match game
- The WABAC Jigsaw Puzzle game
- Tour of the WABAC Machine – Mr. Peabody, himself, takes us on an in-depth tour of the WABAC machine. He explains what many of the WABAC’s knobs, buttons, and gizmos do. Exactly what is a Pneumatic Dressilator? A hemidemisemiquavatron? And, those windshield wiper controls…how exactly do they help while speeding through the space-time continuum? Mr. Peabody explains it all!
- Time Travel: Mad Science – We talk to real physicists Kenneth Wharton and Anthony Aguirre to find out if there is any possibility of time travel, and if so, how it would work. We explore the two time travel theories of the Block Universe and the Multi-Verse. We also learn why scientists think only forward time travel is possible, and how Einstein’s Theory of Relativity still determines how scientists imagine the possibilities of time travel.
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- World of DreamWorks Animation – Music videos from your favorite DreamWorks Animation feature films
- Holiday Favorites – Sneak Peeks
Pre-order Mr. Peabody & Sherman on Blu-ray 3D combo for a discounted price at Amazon.com.