Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced plans to release an unrated cut of Fifty Shades Darker starring Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson on home video.
The Fifty Shades Darker unrated cut will first arrive April 25th on Digital HD. Look for the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD editions to land on May 9th.
In addition to the all-new unrated cut that adds 14 additional minutes to the run-time, Universal is also packing in a sneak peek of the upcoming third film in the franchise, Fifty Shades Freed. That bonus feature will be joined by these extras:
- A Darker Direction – Director James Foley explains how his vision had to meet with fans’ expectations.
- New Threats – An introduction to some new, dark and threatening characters, including Jack Hyde, Leila and, of course, Elena Lincoln – aka Mrs. Robinson!
- The Masquerade – This featurette about one of the film’s most iconic scenes — the masquerade benefit event at Grey Mansion — explores the production design and costumes and goes behind-the-scenes with the filmmakers and main cast members.
- Intimate With Darker – An intense look and discussion about the intimate, sensual and provocative world of Fifty Shades Darker, including a visit to the Red Room and, of course, the new “toys!”
Blu-ray and DVD
- Deleted Scenes
- A Tease to Fifty Shades Freed – A tease to the next Fifty Shades film.
- Writing Darker – Author E.L. James and screenwriter Niall Leonard trace back the history of the book and introduce viewers to the much darker story and its adaptation to the big screen.
- Dark Reunion – The filmmakers and cast members discuss being reunited for this second film, and where we find Ana, Christian and their friends.
Here’s the Fifty Shades Darker Blu-ray combo cover art.