Arrow Video has a number of high profile releases sprinkled into their September 2021 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray release schedule. While the list isn’t necessarily robust it certainly packs a lot of punch.
The 1992 slasher film Death Screams from David Nelson on Blu-ray kicks the month off. The film has been restored from the only-known existing 35mm print that you’ll be able to sample on September 14th.
Also arriving on September 14th is Cold War Creatures: Four Films from Sam Katzman. This Blu-ray box set features the films Creature with the Atom Brain, The Werewolf, The Zombies of Mora Tau, and The Giant Claw. Also included in the package is an 80-page collector’s art book featuring reproduction stills and artwork from each film and new writing by historian and critic, Stephen R. Bissette.
Pre-order Cold War Creatures: Four Films from Sam Katzman on Blu-ray at Amazon.
Jumping ahead a week delivers the Blu-ray debut of The Snake Girl and the Silver-Haired Witch. If you grab one of the first pressings then you’ll also get an illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Raffael Coronelli packed into the case.
Pre-order The Snake Girl and the Silver-Haired Witch on Blu-ray at Amazon.
The big guns arrive on September 28th, starting with a new limited edition Blu-ray set of Ridley Scott’s Legend starring Tom Cruise and Tim Curry. Spanning two discs this set includes both the Theatrical and Extended Director’s Cuts. Other neat things that make this set stand out include the following.
- Large double-sided poster with newly commissioned artwork by Neil Davies and original theatrical artwork by John Alvin.
- Glossy full-color portraits of the cast photographed by Annie Leibovitz.
- Six double-sided postcard-sized lobby card reproductions.
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Neil Davies and original theatrical artwork by John Alvin.
- Illustrated perfect-bound book with new writing by Nicholas Clement and Kat Ellinger and archive materials including production. notes and a 2002 interview with Charles de Lauzirika about the restoration of the Director’s Cut.
Last but not least is the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray debut of Stephen King’s Children of the Corn, also slated for September 28th. Tech specs include a brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative with Dolby Vision employed. Audio options include Original Mono and 5.1, and a slew of legacy bonus features will round out this release.