Summit Entertainment has announced a June 4 Blu-ray and DVD release date for Jonathan Levine’s zombie infested romantic comedy Warm Bodies starring Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer, Rob Corddry, Dave Franco, Analeigh Tipton, Cory Hardrict and John Malkovich. An HD digital version will be available to download beginning three weeks earlier on May 14.
Warm Bodies received a “warm” box office reception to the tune of $65 million, well above its reported $35 million production budget. Based on the book by Isaac Marion and adapted for the screen by writer and director Levine, the story follows an unusual zombie named R who rescues a human girl from certain doom and forms a bond with her. The more time the pair spend together, the more human R becomes. Our own Jon Hueber wrote in his Warm Bodies review that the film was “funny, sometimes laugh-out-loud funny” and includes a “well-crafted soundtrack [that] truly drives the film into another territory.”
The Blu-ray edition of Warm Bodies will also include a digital copy and UltraViolet (but not DVD). The feature film will be presented in 2.4:1 1080p video and 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio with the following supplements:
- “Boy Meets, ER, Doesn’t Eat Girl” featurette
- “R&J” featurette
- “A Little Less Dead” featurette
- “Extreme Zombie Make-Over!” featurette
- “A Wreck in Progress” featurette
- “Bustin Caps” featurette
- “Beware of The Boneys” featurette
- “Whimsical Sweetness: Teresa Palmer’s Warm Bodies Home Movies” featurette
- “Zombie Acting Tips with Rob Corddry” featurette
- Audio Commentary with Director Jonathon Levine and Actors Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary with Screenwriter/Director Jonathan Levine
- “Shrug and Groan” Gag Reel
Check out the Warm Bodies Blu-ray cover art below and look for a future update with Amazon.com’s direct pre-order link.