Warner Premiere’s long delayed debut of Trick ‘R Treat starring True Blood’s Anna Paquin, Dollhouse’s Tahmoh Penikett and a robust ensemble cast is coming to Blu-ray Disc and DVD on October 6, a couple weeks earlier than originally expected.
Trick ‘R Treat will ring Blu-ray’s door dressed up with a 2.4:1 1080p transfer and 5.1 Dolby TrueHD audio.
Though the DVD edition is being released the same day, Warner is clearly playing favorites with Blu-ray by giving the high-def format all the cool supplements except one.
- Trick ‘R Treat: Season’s Greetings – Animated short with optional commentary by Michael Dougherty
- How Did Many of our Scary Traditions Start? – The lore and legends of Halloween (BD exclusive)
- Commentary with director Michael Dougherty (BD exclusive)
- Additional scenes (BD exclusive)
- Special effects comparison (BD exclusive)
- BD-Live content (BD exclusive)
Warner promises the BD-Live content will be Trick ‘R Treat related but we probably will not know what it encompasses until it is available.
The doorbell rings, the cry goes out: Trick ‘R Treat! But, wait. What’s actually going on during this ghostly All Hallows Eve? Something eerie and unexpected. Something splattered and spooky. Something that brings ghouls, vampires and werewolves into the night. From producer Bryan Singer (director of X-Men and Superman Returns) and writer-director Michael Dougherty (co-scripter of X2 and Superman Returns) comes a goodie bag of wicked yarns, four cleverly interlocked stories built on Shocktober admonitions like always check the candy and don’t extinguish the jack-o-lantern before midnight. So answer the door now: Experience horror made for today’s fright fan.
Enjoy the Trick ‘R Treat Blu-ray cover art below and look for an Amazon.com pre-order link to be added relatively soon.