We can now safely confirm this past summer’s The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 16 courtesy of Universal Studios Home Entertainment, day-and-date with DVD. The release will ensure every Mummy and Mummy spin-off film is available on Blu-ray.
The two disc Mummy 3 set, which will not be accompanied by a more lavish collector’s edition set ala Wanted and Hellboy II, will be presented in widescreen 2.4:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Supplemental features are distributed between the first and second disc with the Blu-ray exclusives landing on disc one. The complete list is as follows.
- U-Control – Scene Explorer
- U-Control – Know Your Mummy
- U-Control – The Dragon Emperor’s Challenge
- U-Control – Picture in Picture
- U-Control – Visual Commentary with Director Rob Cohen
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- The Making of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
- From City to Desert
- Legacy of the Terra Cotta
- Feature Commentary with Director Rob Cohen
- BD Live – My Scenes Sharing
- BD Live – Exclusive Content
- A Call to Action: The Casting Process
- Preparing for Battle with Brendan Fraser and Jet Li
- Jet Li: Crafting the Emperor Mummy
- Creating New and Supernatural Worlds
- Digital Copy of The Mummy: Tomb of the Emperor Dragon
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor on Blu-ray will carry an SRP of $29.98. Be on the lookout for high resolution cover art and pre-order information in the days ahead.