CBS’ Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray collection got off to a great start (sans a small technical issue that was resolved) in late July with the Blu-ray debut of Star Trek: The Next Generation – Season One. The next logical question is when Star Trek: The Next Generation – Season Two would be released, and thanks to Amazon.com, we now have an answer.
Amazon has added an active pre-order listing for Star Trek: The Next Generation – Season Two on Blu-ray with a December 4, 2012 release date. The listing also includes tech specs of remastered 1.77:1 1080p video and 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio as well as the following excellent suite of bonus features that include plenty of never-before-seen goodies:
- Over 120 minutes of brand-new documentaries featuring all new cast and crew interviews
- TNG 25th Anniversary Cast Reunion
- “Making It So: Continuing The Next Generation (Multi-part documentary)”
- Extremely rare, extended version of “The Measure of a Man,” widely regarded as one of the best Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes.
- Long lost first cut of episode reconstructed in high definition with extended scenes including new visual effects and audio mixes.
- “Hybrid extended cut” using the high-definition version of the original television episode, plus rough VHS video of deleted scenes and different camera angles from that episode’s “lost” first cut.
- Original episodic promos
- Special features from DVD release
- Deleted scenes
Click here to pre-order Star Trek: The Next Generation – Season Two on Blu-ray for $90.99 at Amazon.com, 30% off the $129.99 list price.