Rob Zombie’s MySpace blog and Fangoria.com have both confirmed a two-disc ultimate collector’s edition of Halloween is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 21, two weeks after a three-disc set arrives on DVD.
Genius Products, who still has yet to officially announce supporting Blu-ray but we all know better, will publish the set along with that is absolutely loaded with goodies.
In addition to including the 11-minute longer director’s cut, a new four-and-a-half hour documentary has been created to offer everything you’d ever want to know about making Zombie’s remake. The remaining extras were found on the previous DVD edition and are listed below.
- Audio commentary by writer/director Zombie
- 17 deleted scenes with optional director’s commentary
- Alternate ending with optional commentary
- Casting sessions
- The Many Masks of Michael Myers featurette
- Re-Imagining HALLOWEEN featurette
- Meet the Cast featurette
- Scout Taylor-Compton screen test
You’ll have to wait for Genius Products to break their vow of silence before we can pass along technical specs but we can tell you Zombie’s Halloween on Blu-ray will carry an SRP of $34.95.
Thanks to HDR Forum Member ‘BR7’ for the tip.
Join the Halloween discussion in the new HDR Blu-ray Forum.