Lionsgate Home Entertainment has formally announced Saw V’s January 20 date with Blu-ray Disc which matches what retailers have been listing for several weeks now.
With the announcement comes confirmation of what to expect in the way of bonus features including a Blu-ray exclusive, the return of MoLog on BD-Live. This feature allows you to insert “telestrator” inspired art, movement and audio on top of the film as a next-gen commentary, and then share it with friends via BD-Live.
The remaining bonus features are identical to what will be found on the standard definition collector’s edition DVD set.
- Digital Copy
- BD-Live MoLog (Blu-ray exclusive)
- Audio commentary with director David Hackl and assistant director Steve Webb
- Audio commentary with producers Mark Burg and Oren Koules and executive producers Peter Block and Jason Constantine,
- The Pendulum, Cube, Coffin and Fatal Five Traps featurette
- Slicing the Cube: Editing the Cube Trap featurette
- Theatrical trailer
We don’t have technical specs to share at this time but a good guess is to expect a widescreen 1.85:1 1080p video and no less than 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Saw V on Blu-ray will retail for $39.99, but you can pre-order it for $29.99 at Amazon.com by clicking here.