HBO has announced that the freshman ensemble drama The Newsroom: Season 1 will begin broadcasting on Blu-ray and DVD on June 11, 2013.
The Newsroom comes from the mind of Aaron Sorkin and stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Sam Waterston, Jane Fonda, Olivia Munn, Dev Patel, and many others. It was nominated for a Golden Globe and has already been renewed for a second season.
HBO is bringing The Newsroom: Season 1 to Blu-ray in 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. All 10 episodes and bonus features will run 725 minutes and span 4 Blu-ray Discs. Those extra include the following:
- “Mission Control” – a behind-the-scenes look at the state-of-the-art sets with cast and crew.
- “The Rundown” – Aaron Sorkin, executive producer Alan Poul, co-executive producer Greg Mottola, Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer and Sam Waterston discuss in detail their experiences shooting the first season in this exclusive conversation.
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentaries – five audio commentaries with Aaron Sorkin, executive producer Alan Poul, cast members Jeff Daniels, Sam Waterston, Emily Mortimer and more!
- Inside the Episodes – get the inside perspective on each of the episodes with revealing interviews from Aaron Sorkin.
- Episodic Previews & Recaps
Click here to pre-order The Newsroom: Season 1 on Blu-ray for $55.99 at Amazon.com, 30$% off the $79.98 list price.