New Line and Warner Home video has dusted off three “urban” flicks, pumped them up with new director’s cuts and a couple new bonus features, and announced they are coming to Blu-ray Disc and DVD on September 8.
The films include Friday with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker, Menace II Society with Anthony Johnson and Larenz Tate, and Set it Off with Jada Pinkett (Smith) and Queen Latifah.
Each will be offered in their original aspect ratio with 1080p video and 5.1 Dolby TrueHD audio. New additions are marked in the bonus features below:
- New Featurette: Friday Straight Up
- Introduction From Ice Cube
- Q&A Interviews with F. Gary Gran and Patricia Charbonnet
- Additional Scenes
- Music Videos – Ice Cube “Friday” and Dr. Dre “Keep Their Heads Ringin”
Menace II Society
- New Featurette: Gangsta Vision: Making Menace II Society
- Commentary by Allen Hughes, Albert Hughes, Darin Scott, Ryan Williams, Tyger Willilams, Larenz Tate
- Interview with the Hughes Brothers
Set it Off
- Setting it Straight: Making of Set It Off
- Ray J Music Video “Let It Go”
Pricing for Friday, Menace II Society and Set it Off on Blu-ray are identical at an SRP of $28.99. Expect Amazon pricing to be in the $20 range.