Back in late April we brought you exclusive news revealing Universal intended to use DTS-HD Master Audio as their default audio choice on Blu-ray Disc. The news are more than well received, but you didn’t think we were done, did you?
Now we’re bringing you an exclusive first-look at high resolution cover art for The Mummy Returns on Blu-ray Disc. This is the first clear shot of cover art for any Universal Blu-ray title which will give you an idea of what to expect in the future. Bye bye “The Look and Sound of Perfect,” hello “The Perfect Hi-Def Movie Experience.”
Universal is presenting The Mummy Returns on Blu-ray in widescreen 2.35:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Bonus features are as follows:
- U-Control ” This uniquely-immersive, in-movie experience from Universal allows you to customize your own high definition experience with spectacular interactive features ” all without stopping the movie!
- Picture-in-Picture ” Enjoy a behind the scenes look at the making of the film while watching the feature.
- Visual and Effects Formation ” Visual effects supervisor John Berton walks the audience through the step-by-step process of creating the visual effects for the film.
- An Army to Rule the World Part 2 ” A recap of the villainous armies and the special effects behind The Mummy and The Mummy Returns.
- Sneak Peek: The Mummy: The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
- Feature Commentaries: With director/writer Stephen Sommers and executive producer/editor Bob Ducsay
- Unraveling the Legacy of The Mummy” A look back at the evolution of one of the most enduring franchises of all time.
- An Exclusive Conversation with Dwayne The Rock Johnson
- Spotlight on Location and The Making Of
- Storyboard to Final Film Comparison
Check back frequently for more breaking Blu-ray Disc news.