Update: Online retailer Amazon.com has begun taking pre-orders on Blu-ray and DVD. Click here to pre-order for $25.19, 30% off the $34.99 list price.
Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows starring Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Eva Green, and Helena Bonham Carter has been given an October 2 release date on Blu-ray and DVD by Warner Home Video.
Dark Shadows on Blu-ray will include a DVD, UltraViolet and digital copy version of the film that is based on the 1970s television series of the same name. The Blu-ray high-def version will be presented in 1.85:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Bonus features are split between nine “focus points” that will be available in Maximum Movie Mode. These will consist of short behind-the-scenes featurettes that will become available as the movie plays in Warner’s interactive viewing mode:
- Becoming Barnabus
- Welcome To Collinsport!
- The Collinses: Every Family Has Its Demons
- Reliving a Decade
- Angelique: A Witch Scorned
- Alice Cooper Rocks Collinsport!
- Dark Shadowy Secrets
- A Melee of Monstrous Proportions
- Dark Shadows: The Legend Bites Back
Also included are the following deleted scenes:
- Dr Hoffman and Elizabeth discuss Barnabas
- David and Barnabas discuss Dinosaurs
- Carolyn and Victoria
- Girl talk
- Police warn Willie and Barnabas
- Dr Hoffman offers Victoria help
I don’t see an Amazon pre-order for Dark Shadows just yet (updated: Dark Shadows Blu-ray and DVD pre-order is here) so you will have to wait for that to be added to this post. In the meantime, enjoy the Dark Shadows Blu-ray cover art below.