Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has released the final cover art for A Passage to India on Blu-ray Disc, revealing a new sub-collection of titles is now officially confirmed.
A large banner appears across the cover’s top labeling A Passage to India as part of the “Columbia Classics” line. This is the first named collection of titles to be distributed via Sony since Blu-ray first launched.
To recap the specs for A Passage to India on Blu-ray, Sony will present it in 1.66:1 1080p video and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio.
Supplemental features will include one Blu-ray exclusive and the rest ported from standard DVD.
- Enhanced Graphics and Trivia Track (Blu-ray Exclusive)
- Commentary with Producer Richard Goodwin
- E.M. Forster: A Profile of an Author – Elements of Forster’s life and some of the main themes within the book are covered in this featurette.
- An Epic Takes Shape – Cast & Crew talk about the genesis of the project.
- An Indian Affair – Covers the main period of production over in India.
- Only Connect: A Vision of India – Covers the whole area of Post Production and also includes the final days of shooting in the studios at Shepperton.
- Casting a Classic – Priscilla John (Casting Director) talks about casting the film and the challenges of bringing characters from the book to life.
- David Lean: Shooting with the Master – This featurette takes a look at Lean as a Director with emphasis on this film being the last of his career.
- Reflections of David Lean – A featurette on David Lean that appeared on the last DVD release of the film.
A Passage to India on Blu-ray will carry an SRP of $28.95.
Click here to pre-order A Passage to India on Blu-ray from Amazon.com.