Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced Julie & Julia starring Meryl Streep as Julia Child and Amy Adams as Julie Powell is coming to Blu-ray Disc and DVD on December 8.
Blu-ray will be the best version to own of this summer hit and not just for the 1080p picture and lossless audio. Sony is taking advantage of Blu-ray’s extra space and BD-Live to deliver the majority of bonus features as Blu-ray exclusive.
The complete list of bonus features are as follows:
- Commentary with writer/director Nora Ephron
- Secret Ingredients: Creating Julie & Julia – Go behind the scenes with Meryl Streep & Amy Adams to see how they became Julie & Julia.
- Family & Friends Remember Julia Child – Julia’s closest family and friends tell us about the woman they knew and loved. (BD exclusive)
- Julia’s Kitchen – Learn all about how the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History acquired Julia’s kitchen and take a tour inside. (BD exclusive)
- Cooking Lessons: (BD exclusive)
- Poaching Eggs with Julia Child &
- Jacques Pépin
- Making Hollandaise Sauce with Julia Child & Jacques Pépin
- Mark Peel Prepares Scrambled Eggs
- Suzanne Goin Prepares Braised Beef Shortribs
- Steven Lewandowski & Drew Nieporent Prepare Butter Poached Maine Lobster
- movieIQ – Julia’s Recipe Collector – collect and email your favorite Julia Child recipes while watching the film! (BD exclusive)
Julie & Julia on Blu-ray has a retail price of $39.95. Pre-order information and cover art are expected to be released in the days ahead.