As a remake of An American Werewolf in London begins to take shape, Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced the John Landis original is coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 15.
We first caught wind of this title a few months ago and learned of one new Blu-ray exclusive bonus feature. The final bonus features, included below, reveal a pair of Blu-ray exclusives.
Tech specs for An American Werewolf in London on Blu-ray include 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and “digitally remastered” 1.85.1 1080p video on a BD-50 disc.
Here are all of the bonus features:
- NEW! – Beware the Moon: In this feature-length documentary, filmmaker Paul Davis guides us through a never-before-seen, in-depth look at the Making of An American Werewolf in London, with the help of director John Landis and make-up artist Rick Baker.
- NEW! – I Walked with a Werewolf: Make-up effects artist Rick Baker tells of his life-long love of the Wolfman, how he would go on to create the creature in An American Werewolf in London, and how he was able to pour his passion into the upcoming Wolfman feature. (HD)
- Making An American Werewolf in London, An Original Featurette
- An Interview with John Landis
- Make-up Artist Rick Baker on An American Werewolf in London
- Casting of the Hand
- Photograph Montage
- Feature Commentary with Cast Members David Naughton and Griffin Dunne
Universal has set retail pricing for An American Werewolf in London on Blu-ray at $26.98 which should equate to Amazon pricing just under $20. I’ll pass along that pre-order link and high-res cover art when available.