Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced the latest installment in the American Pie Franchise, The Book of Love, will make a simultaneous Blu-ray Disc and DVD debut on December 22.
Eugene Levy returns yet again to shepherd another adventure of American Pie, Universal’s strongest direct-to-video franchise. This time around a group of high school boys discover the “Book of Love” and try to use it, missing pages and all, to score with the ladies.
Some of the guest appearances include Bret Michaels of Poison, Britney Spears ex Kevin Federline, Rosanna Arquette, Tim Matheson, C.Thomas Howell, Christopher Knight (The Brady Bunch), Steve Railsback, Robert Romanus (Fast Times at Ridgemont High), Curtis Armstrong (Revenge of the Nerds), and Dustin Diamond (Saved by the Bell)
American Pie Presents: The Book of Love on Blu-ray will be offered in R-rated and unrated versions at 1.78:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Bonus features will be identical across Blu-ray and DVD with the former including Universal standard BD-Live accessibility and bookmarking.
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- From the Set – The film’s funniest sequences are spotlighted.
- On the Set of American Pie Presents: The Book of Love – An uncensored, hilarious and energetic peek behind-the-scenes that showcases the cast, the crew and the craziness involved in bringing the newest American
- Just the Tips: The Love Manual – The cast and crew of The Book of Love offer up enlightening tips on love, relationships, and sex.
- American Pie Trivia–Viewers can play along as actor Kevin M. Norton (Nathan) tests the American Pie knowledge of the Book of Love cast and crew.
- American Pie-Cons–Profiles of Book of Love “experts” including Bret Michaels, Kevin Federline, Dustin Diamond, Christopher Knight, Robert Romanus, Tim Matheson, Curtis Armstrong and others.
Pie to the screen.
American Pie Presents: The Book of Love on Blu-ray will retail for $36.98 with on-shelf pricing expected to be in the mid-$20s. Look for high-res cover art and Amazon.com pre-order information in the near future.