Via Press Release from Akupara Games:
Packing in a fully-fledged story mode with a colorful cast of musically-empowered heroes and villains, The Metronomicon sees you take control a party of eight newly graduated masters of the “rhythmic combat arts” to wage musical warfare against a multitude of dance-mongering fiends. By switching between four concurrent hero-controlled tracks on-the-fly, you’ll select and activate a wide array of abilities and spells, buffs and nukes, with your performance and timing all-important in ensuring the effectiveness of your moves. In the RPG spirit, you’ll need to improve your characters’ stats, hunt down powerful equipment, and combine a multitude of newly-learned abilities – switching between tanking, healing, buffing, and damage-dealing classes as required in real time.
The Metronomicon features a fantastic, fully-licensed soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. As much a soundscape as it is a soundtrack, the music behind The Metronomicon is set to be every bit as varied and exciting as the gameplay itself.
- Features of The Metronomicon – Slay the Dance Floor
- Unique Rhythm RPG– Slay fearsome beasts to an even fiercer beat in this Western take on the rhythm RPG genre
- A Soundtrack like No Other– A powerful, ear-shattering mix of electronic and indie music featuring renowned artists such as Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, and DJ CUTMAN
- An Epic Quest– Slay the Dance floor features a full-fledged story mode and a multitude of extra features
- Strategy – Improve your characters’ stats, hunt down powerful equipment, and combine a multitude of newly-learned abilities – switching between tanking, healing, buffing, and damage-dealing classes on the fly because it’s dance or die in The Metronomicon
- Endless Replayability– Freeplay mode, ranked side quests, two-player co-op, and a full-on dance battle arena enable you to revisit the game’s awesome soundtrack at your own pace
Created and developed by Danny Garfield of Puuba, and published by Akupara Games, The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor will be available Tuesday, Aug 29th (PS4™), and Wednesday, Aug 30th (Xbox One) as a digital download (MSRP $19.99). Xbox One players will be able to pre-order The Metronomicon: STDF via the Xbox Games Store on August 2.