On September 30, Hear Music is releasing James Taylor Covers, the latest release from the famous artist covering songs from the fifties, sixties and seventies.
We have one copy of the new CD to send to the winner of this lucky contest. For a chance to be that person, fill out and send in the simple entry form below. You can even return daily and enter again to increase your odds of winning. Good luck!
About Covers: The album was recorded last January when James Taylor gathered his Band of Legends for a rare 10-day recording session in a converted barn on his property in western Massachusetts. Band arrangements of material featured on the album include covers of Big Mama Thornton’s version of Hound Dog, Junior Walker’s (I’m A) Road Runner and Wichita Lineman, (one of the most revered country songs penned by Jimmy Webb). These songs were improvised on the spot and recorded live with some of the best players in popular music.
The recording sessions included musical heavyweights Luis Conte, Michael Landau, Jeff Babko, Lou Marini, Arnold McCuller, Jimmy Johnson, David Lasley, Walt Fowler, Andrea Zonn, Kate Markowitz, Steve Gadd, and Larry Goldings. James Taylor and his ‘Band of Legends’ have been previewing the new material this summer to rave reviews.
Covers Track Listing:
- 1. It’s Growing (William Robinson, Jr.-Warren Moore) – made popular by The Temptations
- 2. (I’m A) Road Runner (Edward Holland Jr.-Lamont Dozier-Brian Holland) made popular by Jr. Walker & the All Stars
- 3. Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb) made popular by Glen Campbell
- 4. Why Baby Why (Darrell Edwards-George Jones)
- 5. Some Days You Gotta Dance (Troy Johnson-Marshall Morgan) made popular by the Dixie Chicks
- 6. Seminole Wind (John Anderson)
- 7. Suzanne (Leonard Cohen)
- 8. Hound Dog (Jerry Leiber-Mike Stoller) Big Mama Thornton inspired arrangement
- 9. Sadie (Joseph Jefferson-Charles Simmons-Bruce Hawes) made popular by The Spinners
- 10. On Broadway (Jerry Leiber-Mike Stoller-Cynthia Weil-Barry Mann) made popular by The Drifters
- 11. Summertime Blues (Eddie Cochran-Jerry Capehart)
- 12. Not Fade Away (Norman Petty-Buddy Holly)
This contest has expired. Browse and enter our open contests.