Fox Home Entertainment has struck first with big San Diego Comic-Con home video announcements by revealing release dates for Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Apocalypse starring Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, Evan Peters, Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Olivia Munn, Nicholas Hoult, and Oscar Isaac.
X-Men: Apocalypse will first be available to watch at home on September 9th exclusively on Digital HD.
Disc-based versions of X-Men: Apocalypse including 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD won’t be available to pick up in a store until a month later on October 4th.
X-Men: Apocalypse bonus features include the following:
- Deleted/Extended Scenes with Optional Introductions by Bryan Singer
- Gag Reel
- Wrap Party Video
- Hour long documentary, X-Men: Apocalypse Unearthed
- Audio Commentary by Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg
- Concept Art and Photo Gallery
Fox also has some special plans for X-Men: Apocalypse at Comic-Con:
The X-Men: The Tomb of Apocalypse X-perience (Booth #3529) will incorporate a series of challenges that fans will solve to defeat the world’s most powerful mutant, Apocalypse. The booth will be open daily, including Preview Night, July 20 – 24. Each morning, fans will have the opportunity to RSVP for “Tomb Time” until the day’s schedule is full.
The Tomb of Apocalypse X-perience:
- Will allow fans to work through a series of challenges to defeat Apocalypse
- Fans who complete the challenge receive a custom SDCC 2016 X-MEN: APOCALYPSE t-shirt, while supplies last, and a souvenir photo
- Will feature original costumes from the film including Oscar Isaac’s “Apocalypse,” Evan Peters’ “Quicksilver” and Alexandra Shipp’s “Storm” – offering fans several photo opportunities
As part of the experience, fans will have a chance to pre-order X-MEN: APOCALYPSE. Exclusive to SDCC, fans who pre-order will receive a limited edition Dazzler vinyl cover while supplies last.
Check out the X-Men: Apocalypse Blu-ray combo pack cover art below.