Paramount Home Entertainment waited until #TopGunDay to finally confirm what retailers revealed several weeks ago. Tom Cruise action classics Top Gun, War of the Worlds and Days of Thunder are coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray on May 19th.
Digital fans will be happy to learn that 4K versions of all three films will be available to watch six days earlier on May 13th.
- Pre-order Top Gun on 4K UHD at Amazon
- Pre-order Days of Thunder on 4K UHD at Amazon
- Pre-order War of the Worlds on 4K UHD at Amazon
We also expect a Top Gun 4K Steelbook that is tentatively dated December 8th per Amazon, and is available for pre-order.
Top Gun will include and all-new featurette that “explores the film’s legacy and enduring popularity through new interviews with Tom Cruise, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and members of the cast of Top Gun: Maverick, including John Hamm, Miles Teller, Glen Powell, and more.”
Also new to Top Gun home video releases is a retrospective segment from 2016 looking back at 30 years of Top Gun.
Previously released bonus features will carryover as well include the following:
- Commentary by producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Tony Scott, co-screenwriter Jack Epps, Jr. and naval experts
- Danger Zone: The Making of Top Gun
- Look inside the real Top Gun
- Original theatrical promotional material
- Music videos
- And more