Yesterday news broke that Amazon had begun taking pre-orders for James Cameron’s Titanic on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray. The listing revealed a December 5th, 2023 release date, Dolby Vision and Atmos confirmation, and the new bonus features packed into the 4K, Blu-ray, and Digital set.
Today Paramount Home Entertainment have formally announced the Titanic 4K UHD debut and revealed additional information about the highly anticipated release. We’ve learned that there will be a separate Titanic Limited Edition Collector’s set that includes these goodies:
- A hardcover coffee table book detailing the making of the film’s most iconic scenes
- A detailed schematic inspired by the actual ship blueprint, highlighting locations of key scenes
- Movie prop reproductions of a boarding pass, launch viewing ticket, ship menus, and notes from Jack to Rose and Rose to Cal
- Sheet music for the multi-award-winning hit “My Heart Will Go On”
The artwork for the Titanic Limited Edition Collector’s Set is above. Pricing and pre-order information are TBD.
Paramount have also broken down all bonus features, new and old, and how they’re arranged across the inclusive 4K and Blu-ray Discs.
Blu-ray Bonus Disc
- TITANIC: Stories From the Heart—NEW! – Director James Cameron, producer Jon Landau, and star Kate Winslet share memories and favorite moments and recount the challenges of making the greatest love story in cinema history. Go back in time with film clips, photos and behind-the-scenes moments.
- TITANIC: 25 Years Later with James Cameron – James Cameron explores the enduring myths and mysteries of the shipwreck, and mounts tests to see whether Jack could have fit on that raft and survived.
- Behind-the Scenes presentation hosted by Jon Landau—NEW! – Jon Landau introduces a series of behind-the-scenes segments showcasing the making of TITANIC.
- Trailer Presentation hosted by Jon Landau—NEW! – Jon Landau shares an inside glimpse into the marketing of TITANIC with a story of how a 4-minute trailer overseen by the filmmakers was delivered to theatres, instead of the original “action” trailer.
- Fan Poster Art—NEW!
- Reflections on TITANIC (4 parts)
- Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by James Cameron
- Additional Behind-the-Scenes
- Deep-Dive Presentation narrated by James Cameron
- $200,000,001: A Ship’s Odyssey (The TITANIC Crew Video)
- Visual Effects
- Music Video “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion
- Still Galleries
4K Ultra HD Disc
- Director Commentary by James Cameron
- Cast and Crew Commentary
- Historical Commentary by Don Lynch and Ken Marschall
The Titanic legacy bonus features total over five hours in length.