Warner Bros. Home Entertainment have set a September 14th, 2021 release date for Frank Darabont’s The Shawshank Redemption to make its 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray debut.
Pre-order The Shawshank Redemption on 4K Blu-ray combo for a discounted price at Amazon.
The Shawshank Redemption is based on Stephen King’s novella, Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. It received 7 Academy Award nominations in 1994 and has since become a modern classic and was added to the National Film Registry in 2015.
The cast is headlined by Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman.
Warner will present The Shawshank Redemption in 4K with HDR and include the following legacy extras on an inclusive Blu-ray.
- Commentary by Frank Darabont
- “Hope Springs Eternal: A Look Back at The Shawshank Redemption”
- “Shawshank: The Redeeming Feature”
- “The SharkTank Redemption”
- 5 Stills Galleries
- “Bogs Takes a Fall” Storyboards
- “New Fish Arrive” Storyboards
Look for The Shawshank Redemption on Digital 4K the same September 14th, 2021 release date.