The Fox Searchlight thriller-comedy hybrid The Menu starring Ralph Fiennes, Anya Taylor-Joy, and fellow Mad Max franchise actor Nicholas Hoult will be available to view at home beginning January 3, 2023 on Digital. A Blu-ray and DVD format release date falls two weeks later on January 17.
Unfortunately The Menu is not planned for a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release at this time.
The Menu boasts several bonus features, mostly of the featurette variety but also with some late course deleted scenes.
- Open Kitchen: A Look Inside The Menu – Feast on the special ingredients of The Menu to see how director Mark Mylod and his formidable cast, the biting script and renowned chef consultants concocted the perfect recipe to bring authenticity and dark humor to the film’s high-end culinary world.
- First Course: Take a seat at the table as director Mark Mylod delves into some of the key ingredients that went into crafting The Menu. Meet the renowned chefs and food stylist who brought their culinary expertise to the set.
- Second Course: Savor the world-building of Hawthorn, from kitchen “boot camp,” to the meticulous details of the production design. Hear from the cast and writers about the director’s naturalistic approach to capturing the nuances of the performances.
- Dessert: Dig into the creation of the s’mores sequence as costume designer Amy Westcott explains the painstaking process of sewing ponchos made of actual marshmallows. The cast discusses chocolate hats and the absurd predicament of their characters.
- Deleted Scenes: And for a mignardise, enjoy three deleted scenes…
The Menu is directed by Mark Mylod and also features Hong Chau, Janet McTeer, Reed Birney, Judith Light, and John Leguizamo.