If you already own The Expendables 3 on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release then it won’t have to sit for long without the other films in the series.
Lionsgate has revealed plans for 4K UHD Blu-ray versions of The Expendables and its immediate sequel, The Expendables 2. Both 4K catalog titles will arrive in stores on May 2nd.
Both action flicks are packed with stars between them including Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lungren, Terry Crews, Jet Li, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, David Zayas, Mickey Rourke, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
The 4K presentations will each feature English Dolby Atmos audio and bonus features on the inclusive Blu-ray/Digital HD versions as noted below:
- Comic-Con 2010 Panel
- “Inferno: The Making of The Expendables” Featurette
- “From the Ashes: Post Production” Documentary
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scene
- Audio Commentary with Director Sylvester Stallone
- Marketing Archive (Blu-ray Only)
The Expendables 2
- “Gods of War: Assembling Earth’s Mightiest Antiheroes” Featurette
- “Big Guns, Bigger Heroes: The 1980s and the Rise of the Action Film” Featurette
- “On the Assault: The Real-Life Weaponry of The Expendables 2” Featurette
- “Guns for Hire: The Real Expendables” Featurette
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary with Director Simon West
See The Expendables 4K cover art and new trailers below.