Lionsgate and Summit Home Entertainment have announced The Divergent Series: Insurgent Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD release date will fall after the Digital HD release date this summer.
The Divergent Series: Insurgent starring Theo James, Shailene Woodley, Octavia Spencer, Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Ansel Elgort and Miles Teller will first make its home video debut on July 21 exclusively on Digital HD. Those of you wanting the physical media versions including Blu-ray 3D will have to wait until those arrive on August 4.
The Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray combo pack versions with DVD and Digital HD will each come packaged with a lenticular slipcover. Lionsgate is including a Dolby Atmos mix so you can expect Divergent: Insurgent to not only look great in 1080p HD but sound fantastic as well.
Pre-order Divergent: Insurgent on DVD for a discounted price at Amazon.com.
Bonus features on the Blu-ray 3D combo, Blu-ray combo and Digital HD releases will run over four hours in length. They include:
- Audio Commentary with Producers Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher
- “Insurgent Unlocked: The Ultimate Behind-the-Scenes Access” Feature-Length Documentary
- “Diverging: Adapting Insurgent to the Screen” Featurette
- “From Divergent to Ins
- “The Others: Cast and Characters” Featurette
- “The Train Fight Unlocked” Featurette
- “The Peter Hayes Story” Featurette
- Marketing Gallery
DVD bonus features are limited to the commentary track, first featurette and marketing gallery.
Check out The Divergent Series: Insurgent Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray (DVD is identical) cover art, as well as a new trailer, below.