There’s no teen comedy that better defined the 1980’s than the 1985 John Hughes classic The Breakfast Club.
Fittingly, The Criterion Collection is adding The Breakfast Club to its Blu-ray lineup on January 2nd, 2018 in what will be a must-own title for Blu-ray collectors.
Here’s a complete rundown of all The Breakfast Club Criterion Collection Blu-ray features you’ll get to enjoy in just a few short months.
- 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Alternate 5.1 surround soundtrack, presented in DTS‑HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary from 2015 featuring actors Anthony Michael Hall and Judd Nelson
- New interviews with actors Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy
- New video essay featuring director John Hughes’s production notes, read by Nelson
- Documentary from 2015 featuring interviews with cast and crew
- 50 minutes of never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes
- Rare promotional and archival interviews and footage
- Excerpts from a 1985 American Film Institute seminar with Hughes
- 1999 radio interview with Hughes
- Segment from a 1995 episode of NBC’s Today show featuring the film’s cast
- Audio interview with Molly Ringwald from a 2014 episode of This American Life
- PLUS: An essay by critic David Kamp
Lastly, here’s the clean and effective The Breakfast Club Criterion Collection Blu-ray cover art using the film’s promotional artwork.