Spike Lee’s Do The Right Thing appears to be headed for a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release in early 2021.
According to Amazon, Do The Right Thing on 4K is slated for a February 2nd, 2021 release date. The inclusion of a release date tells us that an official announcement is likely just around the corner.
The assumption is that this 4K transfer comes from the 4K digital restoration done in unison by Criterion and Universal for the 30th anniversary theatrical re-release in 2019. That restoration was approved by cinematographer Ernest Dickerson.
Amazon’s listing also includes the bonus features you can expect on this upcoming release. The extras shared are:
- Do the Right Thing: 20 Years Later
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Behind the Scenes
- Making Do the Right Thing
- Editor Barry Brown
- The Riot Sequence
- Cannes, 1989
- 20th Anniversary Edition Feature Commentary with Director Spike Lee
- Feature Commentary with Director Spike Lee, Director of Photography Ernest Dickerson, Production Designer Wynn Thomas, and Actor Joie Lee
Tech specs per an image of the package rear on Amazon include DTS:X audio and HDR10.
Do The Right Thing stars Spike Lee, Danny Aiello, Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, and Giancarlo Esposito.