The latest Walt Disney Animation Studios’ feature Raya and the Last Dragon will be moving beyond Disney+ to other home video platforms starting next month.
Up first for Raya is a Digital bow starting on April 2nd. Then over a month later is when you can get your hands on the Raya and the Last Dragon 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD physical disc formats.
The 4K version will come with Dolby Atmos audio while all formats will include the new animated short, Us Again.
Update: Here’s the 4K box art:
Here’s a breakdown of the extensive bonus features:
- An Introduction to Us Again – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
- Us Again – An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night.
- Taste of Raya – Dine along with Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team–virtually–over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
- Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of “Raya and the Last Dragon” moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
- Martial Artists – Get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
- We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film…and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
- Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of “Raya and the Last Dragon” as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
- Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of “Raya and the Last Dragon.”
- The Story Behind the Storyboard with John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to get an inside look at his thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
- Deleted Scenes:
- Introduction – Head of Story Fawn Veerasunthorn introduces deleted scenes from “Raya and the Last Dragon.”
- The Bridge – Raya confronts an early version of the Druun in this deleted storyboard sequence.
- Escaping Namaari – See an early version sequence of an introduction to Namaari as an adult.
- Dragon Blade – Discover an early version of Raya’s sword, when it used to have magical powers.
- Meet Boun – Meet an early version of Boun before he was a chef and shrimp boat captain.
- The Heart of the Dragon – Co-Director John Ripa introduces a deleted scene which brought the theme of hope into the film.
Raya and the Last Dragon stars a voice cast including Kelly Marie Tran as Raya, Awkwafina as Sisu, Izaac Wang as Boun, Gemma Chan as Namaari, Daniel Dae Kim as Benja, Benedict Wong as Tong, Jona Xiao as Young Namaari, Sandra Oh as Virana, Thalia Tran as Little Noi, Lucille Soong as Dang Hu, and Alan Tudyk as Tuk Tuk.