The first season of Starz’ hit series Outlander will finally wrap up its first season on home video with the Outlander Season 1 Volume 2 Blu-ray and DVD release date being formally announced for September 29. The Digital HD version will arrive a day earlier on September 28.
Like Outlander Season 1 Volume 1 before it, this latest installment of Outlander episodes starring Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughanon home video will include a Collector’s Edition on the Blu-ray format. Exclusive to this edition is collectible packaging with 3D art, a 32-page book with photographs, excerpts from the script and an introduction from producer Ronald D. Moore. A standard Blu-ray edition will also be available.
Both Blu-ray editions of Outlander Season 1 Volume 2 will include a handful of bonus features not found on the DVD edition. The breakout for all the supplements is as follows:
The Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray includes:
- Exclusive collectible packaging with 3D art
- A 32-page book with photographs, excerpts from the script and an introduction from Ronald D. Moore
- All the special features included on the Blu-ray™ noted below
Blu-ray and DVD Special Features
- Weaving Authentic: Making the Fabrics of Outlander
- Gag Reel
- Outlander Podcasts on every episode
Blu-ray Exclusives Special Features:
- The Reckoning Extended Episode with Introduction by Ronald D. Moore
- 15 Deleted Scenes with Introductions by Ronald D. Moore
- Three All-New Featurettes:
- Diana Gabaldon Tours Outlander – Author Diana Gabaldon witnesses her words coming to life as she tours the sets of Outlander for the first time.
- Outlander Cast & Crew Table Read – Join the cast and crew as they come together for table reads on episodes “The Way Out” & “The Gathering.”
- A Triangle in Time – Sam Heughan, Caitriona Balfe and Tobias Menzies discuss the passionate yet complicated love triangle between Jamie, Claire and Frank.
The Outlander Season 1 Volume 2 Collector’s Edition Blu-ray cover art is below. Outlander Season 2 is already in production.