Writer and director Duncan Jones’ Moon starring Sam Rockwell reaches its 10th anniversary this year.
To celebrate the milestone, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is releasing a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray of Moon on July 16th.
Moon has been remastered in 4K UHD with HDR and remixed in Dolby Atmos for its 4K resolution debut. Jones personally approved both the new video and audio presentation.
Purists will be happy to hear that the original 5.1 theatrical audio mix is also included as an audio option.
The following bonus features were newly commissioned for this release and are on the 4K Moon disc:
- All-New Retrospective Conversation with Duncan Jones and Journalist Joe Utichi
- Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
- Fan Art Poster Gallery
The remaining extras are on the inclusive legacy Blu-ray:
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Duncan Jones and Producer Stuart Fenegan
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Duncan Jones, Director of Photography Gary Shaw, Concept Designer Gavin Rothery, and Production Designer Tony Noble
- Whistle Short Film by Duncan Jones
- The Making of Moon
- Creating the Visual Effects
- Science Center Q&A with Director Duncan Jones
- Filmmaker’s Q&A at the Sundance Film Festival
- Theatrical Trailer
Here’s a look at the Moon 4K cover art.