Fox’s young adult hit The Maze Runner from director Wes Ball and starring Dylan O’Brien will soon be escaping theaters and making its way to Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD. The studio has set a December 16, 2014 simultaneous release date for all the home video formats.
The Maze Runner is based on the James Dashner New York Times bestseller of the same name. It bucked the trend of most young adult big screen adaptations with positive critical reviews and worldwide box office business north of $225 million. A sequel, The Maze Runner Chapter II: The Scorch Trials, is already in production with September 18, 2015 release date.
Fox is releasing The Maze Runner on Blu-ray as a combo pack with DVD and Digital HD. The feature film will be presented in 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and include the following extras running over two hours in total duration:
- 24-Page Prequel Comic Book written by Wes Ball and co-screenwriter T.S. Nowlin
- Deleted Scenes with Commentary from Wes Ball
- Navigating The Maze: The Making of The Maze Runner (A Five Part Documentary that includes: The Maze is Born, Creating the World, Finding the Gang, The Movie Inside the Maze, and The Digital Details)
- The “Chuck Diaries”
- Gag Reel
- Visual Effects Reels
- Ruin Wes Ball Short Film in 2D and 3D with Commentary from Wes Ball
- Audio Commentary by Wes Ball and T.S. Nowlin
Check out The Maze Runner Blu-ray cover art below.