Justice Society: World War II is the next DC Universe animated feature-length film in the pipeline, and it’s ready to sprint to home video this spring.
The Digital version of Justice Society: World War II will drop first on April 27th. Physical disc fans will need to wait a little longer until the 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray release date of May 11th.
In this latest DC Universe animated film, Barry Allen enters the Speed Force and finds himself in a battle between the Justice Society of America and Nazis during World War 2.
The extensive cast is headlined by Stana Katic and Matt Bomer as Wonder Woman and The Flash, respectively.
Rounding out the voice talent are Geoffrey Arend as Charles Halstead/Advisor, Armen Taylor as Jay Garrick, Elysia Rotaru as Black Canary, Liam McIntyre as Aquaman, Omid Abtahi as Hawkman, Matthew Mercer as Hourman, Keith Ferguson as Dr. Fate, Darin De Paul as Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Ashleigh LaThrop as Iris West, and Chris Diamantopoulos as Steve Trevor.
An extensive collection of bonus features include all of the following:
- DC Showcase – Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth! (New Animated Short) – Jack Kirby’s beloved DC comic creation features the last civilized teenage boy on a post-apocalyptic Earth ruled by talking animals. In this short, Kamandi and his friends Prince Tuftan of the Tiger Kingdom and humanoid mutant Ben Boxer are kidnapped by a gorilla cult dedicated to finding the reincarnation of their god, The Mighty One. Golgan, the cult’s leader, puts Kamandi’s team through a series of deadly tests to find if any of them know the secret of … The Mighty One.
- Adventures in Storytelling: Justice Society: World War II (New Featurette) – The film’s creative minds chat about the methods used to produce the touchstone sequences in Justice Society: World War II.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One.
- Look Back – Justice League vs. Teen Titans (Featurette) – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Justice League vs. Teen Titans, a 2016 thriller that follows Damian Wayne’s induction into the Teen Titans. Complicating his training is the growing presence of Raven’s satanic, world-conquering father Trigon, whose escape plan from his inter-dimensional prison includes spreading his demonic forces across the globe, infiltrating the minds and bodies of the Justice League to do his bidding. To save the universe and prevent a literal hell on Earth, the Teen Titans must rescue – or defeat – the Justice League, and intern Trigon for all eternity.
- Look Back – Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (Featurette) – An intriguing glance into the production behind 2019’s Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, which finds Amazon Princess Diana helping a troubled young girl enlisted by a deadly organization known as Villainy, Inc., whose criminal members have their sights set on invading Themyscira. The expansive adventure is packed with brutal battles, mysterious mythology, and endless wonder!
- From the DC Vault: Justice League: “Legends, Part One”
- From the DC Vault: Justice League: “Legends, Part Two”