Brett Ratner’s Hercules starring Dwayne Johnson, otherwise known as The Rock, will be hacking and slashing its way to Digital HD on October 21, followed by a November 4 release date for Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD.
Johnson plays the titular character who leads a mission with other warriors into a battle with overwhelmingly impossible odds. The film also stars Ian McShane, Joseph Fiennes, Rufus Sewell and John Hurt.
The home video debut of Hercules features an additional three minutes of footage spliced into a new “extended cut” for Blu-ray and DVD. The Blu-ray 3D version is strictly the theatrical cut; however, since the Blu-ray 3D edition is a combo pack, you can watch the extended cut on the Blu-ray from the same package. Paramount and Ratner didn’t bother with 3D-encoding the extra minutes of footage.
Audio is being presented in English Dolby Atmos (7.1 Dolby TrueHD compatible), the second Paramount title to feature this new audio format for home video following Transformers: Age of Extinction.
All of the following Hercules bonus features are Blu-ray and Digital exclusive as none will appear on the standalone DVD release.
- Commentary by director Brett Ratner and producer Beau Flynn (theatrical cut)
- Extended cut in high definition
- Brett Ratner and Dwayne Johnson: An Introduction
- Hercules and his Mercenaries – Delve into the story behind the team assembled by Hercules for his perilous missions and the skills required of them.
- Weapons! – Exploration of the weapons created for the spectacular action scenes, including training with the actors.
- The Bessi Battle – Discover how one of the major action sequences of the film was created with the filmmakers, actors, stunt team, make-up effects and more.
- The Effects of Hercules – A behind-the-scenes look at the film’s spectacular visual effects.
- 5 Deleted/Extended Scenes
Amazon is currently accepting Hercules pre-orders including the Blu-ray 3D combo for over half off. Check out the Hercules Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray combo cover artwork below.